Friday, April 25, 2008

a letter

To: The middle child
From: The youngest child


Dear middle child,

This morning I tried not to cry into my coffee, although it was strong enough to be unaffected by a few extra drops, I was determined to be strong in front of the glow worm and her parents...To keep my mind from dwelling on the research you are doing, I painted the little nursery and was quite happy for the rest of the morning...although our favorite brother-in-law kept coming into the room and letting out all my perfectly scented air...sigh. I was sorely dismayed to have to share my air after I had gone through such lengths to be the only one breathing it...you running off to Oklahoma was a part of my original plan...along with taking my sweet time removing wall paper so you're departure day would arrive before you could paint. Do you see now how you've underestimated my sneakiness? But alas I forgot to remember that by sending you away you would in fact no longer be here...and so there lies the real kicker.

Anyway, after lunch the little glow worm was kind enough to let me read her an entire book to take my mind off what state I'm in again. Unfortunately the oldest child, insisted that the glow worm had to nap, so I picked up my poor little tattered emotions with a paint brush and opened another can to lift my spirits. I painted my way through the bathroom and my spirits were very much improved by the small space and admirable foresight I had in keeping the bathroom door closed...all day. Your sister, the oldest child, barged in a time or two...but she is...well you know, and so I excused her.

I know how you've spent your day so I wont bore myself by being redundant, although that is very much my style, but I don't feel like being stylish right now, and since we're on the subject, that shirt you were wearing when you left was hideous...and perfect, I applaud you!!! Bravo, we fear no wayside rests hey kid? I'm pleased your research is going better than planned, worms...who knew?

Tell our favorite Air Force cousin I miss him, and tell the favorite Air Force cousins wife that I'm bummed I'm missing out on her home cooking...but at least I have fond memories. Anyway, tell the other middle child that I really missed my giggle workout today, every time I talked to you on the phone I could clearly hear how much you two were exercising. Oh, tell that big dog in the back seat not to have such a long face...and then give her a gentle pat from me...I would tell you to kiss her but I wouldn't want to scare the dog...just kidding, I know how you are about the slobber.

I've kissed the one eyed mutt for you...then he ran to his corner, I do believe he's sulking, I choose to think that was inspired by the idea of you not being here rather than the fact that it was I who kissed him. Poor dog. The glow worm is crying because its bed time...and thither I go as well...honestly I don't miss you at all when I review that I have the entire bed to myself for the next um teen days...anyway have a wonderful night sleeping where ever it is you find to lay your head...as the song goes, "The ground is soft" or something like that...

Love your little sister, the youngest child

P.S. too bad about the happy place huh? maybe we should invest in the jaws of life...be good for your cousins now okay?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its not fare that you get to smell all those paint fumes all by your self. Sob

We are having fun here! Now out to explore the world of the OK state and city.

The middle child