Tuesday, April 29, 2008

a letter and a paper clip

To: the middle child
From: the Youngest child

Dear sister,

There are rumors afloat of a van heading north tomorrow, I may be on it. I find my work is now done here, and I would risk eating more than I've worked for if I remained longer. Although our good brother-in-law is kind enough not to complain over the lack of left over's, I would not want to impose overly long.

Also, the wounds I had have healed now and I know I can go home and begin working again without fear of blister's...not that I ever feard them...I merely stated it that way because I thought it sounded well. These callouses better last longer than the last ones...I can't afford to be going through them so fast. I'm most anxious to be what I was before the symptoms leveled me, and nothing short of rocks, rakes and tractors will do the job.

You may notice that the tone of this letter is perhaps different, I confess I have been reading in the Scottish Cheiffs again...and I fear it has affected my rout of thinking...just be happy I'm leaving out the thee's and thou's that do float by on occasion...I'm near the end, and Lady Helen is as well...but I shall not lament a soul at rest in heaven.

Oh glow has something to say, "dear sarah bing me pop, miss you too ...press button too peas...press button too....hfwbgloria." I think she want's you to write her back.

Anyway, naps are on the house today...so

The youngest child
Greet the cousins for me, tell them they are doing a wonderful job for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, the paper clip, I forgot the paper clip, its stuck to my shirt...has been for at least 2 weeks now...its blue